Current Job Openings:
Reporting to the Assistant Branch Manager, the Burnaby Warehouse Coordinator will be responsible for (but not limited to) providing leadership and overall direction of the Burnaby warehouse team to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. This person will assist in performance appraisals, address complaints, and resolve problems/issues related to the warehouse operation.
By means of daily morning meetings (Huddles), the Burnaby Warehouse Coordinator will communicate to the Burnaby Warehouse and Inside Sales Supervisors any safety, customer service, or order accuracy issues/deficiencies to be corrected/resolved. These meetings will also include conversation on increasing current customer service levels – (think: what can we do to WOW our customers)
Working with the Assistant Branch Manager, this person will be responsible for generating and providing various inventory reports that will ensure profitability and efficiency of the warehouse operation.
In order to ensure seamless work processes, the Warehouse Coordinator will also work closely with the Customer Service Supervisor to optimize the customer experience.
The Burnaby Warehouse Coordinator ensures proper execution and implementation of all policies and procedures with regards to picking, packing, shipping, receiving, cycle counts, safety (including 2X/day safety walks), housekeeping, and inventory management.
The person will take the lead in providing ‘World Class’ customer service by focusing on overall customer satisfaction
- Engages in daily taks (including but not limited to: process improvement, order picking, inventory accuracy through cycle counting and double-checking orders, ensuring shipping department schedules are adhered to, evaluating, controlling and tracking against targets, budgets, and timetables)
- Trains new and existing staff (on effective inventory techniques and daily tasks) and leads/participates in monthly warehouse meetings
- Conducts on-site inspections (evaluates and coaches team members to ensure adherence to all health and safety initiatives such as forklift safety, daily pre-trips for operating machinery, proper stacking/packing procedures, dye lot and calibre recording, conducting picked order double checks and ensuring high levels of housekeeping.
- Scheduling of Warehouse Staff (includes daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning/ vacation/time off schedules)
- Leads by example in showing ‘World Class’ customer service (by verbally embracing customers with a five-star welcome and a fond farewell, and attending to customer’s wants/needs)
- Understands the Customer’s needs and connects them to the right person at the right time (Provides customers with direction/guidance on where to go for assistance – showroom/Inside sales/other).
- Coordinates and works with other departments to surprise and delight customers beyond customer expectations (investigate ways where we can expedite customer orders and have them picked and staged before customer arrives – this includes small orders)
- Works with and communicates with warehouse lead hands on a regular basis (to ensure coaching of warehouse staff is both timely and meaningful).
- Maintain a working knowledge of Macola, WiSys and all related ERP software
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com
Warehouse RepresentativeBurnaby & New Westminster
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS AND TEAM PLAYER A MUST!
- Experience working in a warehouse environment
- Reliable, punctual, organized with good attention to detail
- Physically fit and able to lift upwards 80lbs
- Forklift experience an asset
- WHMIS certification an asset
- Excellent English and basic Math skills (written & spoken)
- Able to learn and use ERP system hand-held scanners
- Safety conscience with focus on workplace improvement & safe storage and handling of product
- Identify, assess, and correct hazards found in the workplace
- Participate in twice-daily safety walks
- Shipping & Receiving duties as required and manually picking/loading customer orders
- Housekeeping (interior and exterior) including sweeping, snow clearing, empty garbage cans, etc.
- Participation in ongoing cycle-counts to ensure stock accuracy
- Flexibility in regards to shifts (may be afternoons 11am-7pm and/or Saturdays)
- Additional duties as required.
- Takes all precautions necessary to protect the health and safety of any staff or workers in accordance with the applicable health and safety legislation
- Ensure compliance with WCB policies and regulations
- Participates in branch COR certification initiatives annually when applicable
- Involvement with following and implementing all company safety manual initiatives
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Detail oriented and organized
- Highly motivated and committed with a desire to succeed
- Safety focused with a desire for improvement
Ames Tile & Stone, 2008-2017 winner of Best Workplace in Canada award, is a Burnaby based distributor of tile, stone and accessory products throughout Western Canada. Our branch offices are located in Burnaby, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg.
Ames strives to create and maintain a team of talented, intelligent and dedicated people that share our passion for customer care and profitable growth.
We have positioned ourselves as the source for leading edge, mainstream tile and stone products, but what really sets us apart from the competitors are strengths in product knowledge, relationships, both with customers and suppliers, as well as our commitment to customer care.
Ames is an equal opportunity employer, we endeavour to select the best qualified individuals based on job related qualifications regardless of race, colour, creed, sex, religion, nationality, age, medical condition, marital status, disability, or sexual preference.
We welcome resumes from skilled individuals with the desire to work in a healthy, progressive and passionate organization. To contact our Human Resources Department directly: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your cover letter and resume.